VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

Epson 3880 suddenly adds cyan to a monochrome print When i

Customer Question

Epson 3880 suddenly adds cyan to a monochrome print When i clean heads with "auto" it proceeds for a while and then stops each time with an error message saying"print head cleaning failure" I have reinstalled printer with up to date apps but still same behaviour.
The test produces only three colours on the test page two monochrome and a blue-- perfect patterns
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. What is the age of the printer and when did this issue first start?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
about 4 years old
an hour ago

Ok, you are in AUS. What I would suggest that you do is visit and Office or Electronics Retailer in AUS. There is a product called Magic Bullet to clean the print head. Due to the age of the printer and the result from the recent attempt at doing a head cleaning. This would be your best option outside of buying a new print head.

Your thoughts?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't think it is dirty print head. I produced two excellent prints just before this . Do you think i should do what they call a Power clean?

You can try a Power Clean. But it may return the same error. Not that the print head is dirty, the nozzles may be clogged, Sir or Madam. Magic Bullet would dissolve the issue overnight to soften the congealed ink and a daytime application to further dissolve the inks in the nozzle.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Am trying a power clean

Wait, I have video instruction for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFz1hi5XMrM