Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

I have removed and cleaned my Epson WF-7620 print head. Upon

Customer Question

I have removed and cleaned my Epson WF-7620 print head. Upon powering back up, i received a message that my printer may be clogged, so I should run a nozzle check. In moving through the instructions on three straight occasions, I keep getting a 0x9e error message instructing be to shut down the printer and restart. No success.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It is less than a year old and it is the Epson WorkForce WF-7620 model
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: We went to google the error code of 0x9e and arrived here
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: That would be great. Thank you.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Are you sure, you have removed the printhead and not the cartridges because Epson models have built in printhead, which is a non-user replaceable part.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I removed the entire print head and throughly cleaned it. Then i reinstalled it and the error message of 0x9e keeps coming up.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
After restoring the print head and restarting the printer, I received a message that my print nozzles may be clogged and that I should run a print check. I instructed the printer to do so and that is when I received the error message 0x9e. When i went to Google.com, other individuals had received the same error message 0x9e without having ever removed their print head.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** why you are getting the error code, the error code indicates defective printhead, as the printhead is not a user-replaceable part, there is a reason for that, the chip on the printhead is very delicate and as you have removed the printhead and tried to clean it manually, the chip on it seems got damaged during that process. The error code indicate defective printhead, it is not neccessary that, you have to remove the printhead to get the error code, when ever the printhead is damaged or defective, the printer diplay the error code. This is a very unfortunate case, but as the printhead is less than a year old , that means it is still in warranty period and you can get a free replacement of the printer from Epson. But, do not tell them that, you have removed the printhead from the printer because that will void the warranty. Just tell them that, you tried to clean the printhead and suddenly the error code appeared on the screen.

One more thing, as you have removed the printhead already, then it can be not installed properly, you can try to remove once more and reseat it. If the problem persists then, call Epson and get the printer replaced. Please let me know, if you need any further information otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was unaware that removing the printhead voided the warranty. I went through every recommendation from Epson on restoring printing capability prior to removing the print head to resolve the inability of the printer to print. It is apparently an issue with Epson printers that are not continually engaged in the printing process. I've printed less than 100 sheets of paper with this printer and it has been unable to print for the last four months. I followed a you tube video explicitly and am certain that every step was done carefully and nothing was damaged. The unit after restarting behaved as if it were fine, but suspected that the print nozzles were clogged.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I became engaged with Just Answer relative to your resolution of this problem, I was told that it would cost me $5.00. I'm seeing an $18.00 debit to my American Express account. Can you explain why this has occurred?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm going to dispute your $18.00 fee as that was not what was agreed upon. As for how happy or satisfied I am with your billing and diagnosis, you're a smart guy. I'm guessing you can figure that one out on your own.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for any inconvenience, you can call customer care on this number 1.***-***-**** (Available 6am to 9pm PST)

for clarification about the charges.