John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

How do I get my computer to "talk" to my printer? I moved

Customer Question

How do I get my computer to "talk" to my printer? I moved recently and changed providers.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you using an Apple Mac or Windows PC ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Apple Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You need to re-establish the connection. You can do that with the disc came with the printer. I will send you instructions. Do you have the USB cable of your printer ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Go to Apple menu and select System Preferences. Select Printers and Scanners. In Printers and Scanners window, you will see your printer name there with Idle or Use status. So select it and press the - button at bottom left to delete it.

Now we can re-establish the connection. For that, you can either run the disc came with it or download the IJ Network Tool installer from here --> http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/5/0200004825/01/mnt_-mac-4_7_0-ea21_3.dmg

After clicking the above link, it will download the Network tool installer file. Then in Finder, click on Go menu and select Downloads. This will open Downloads folder. Open the mnt_-mac-4_7_0-ea21_3.dmg file and install the network too. Then go to Applications folder, open Canon IJ Network tool app. Then connect the printer to your Mac with the USB cable and configure the network (add it to your WiFi network).

Then go to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners and click the + button to add your printer. When adding, make sure you select Canon MX922 or 920 for Software or Use option.

Add it. If you don't have the USB cable, then you need to connect the printer to your WiFi network from itself. Follow the steps below;

In the Home screen, click the Setup button.

Select Device Settings or Wireless LAN Settings

Select LAN Settings (ignore if you don't see option)

Select Wireless LAN Setup > Standard Setup. This will find your new WiFI network. Select it and enter the password ***** needed. This will connect the printer to your new network. Then go to System Preferences > Printers and Scanners and click the + button to add your printer. When adding, make sure you select Canon MX922 or 920 for Software or Use option.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you