John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Did you see my customer question? I got the new mac 3 weeks

Customer Question

Did you see my customer question?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I got the new mac 3 weeks ago and everything was working fine until yesterday
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I installed the latest drivers.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No.
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Good morning! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Can you tell me please what version of OSX you have on your MAC? From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS x". I'll also need to know the brand and model of the printer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OS C ei capitan
Epson Stylus pro 3880
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for that information. When you attempt to print, does your printer appear in the list of available printers?Of so, what happens when you choose the printer and click on ok? Do you get any error messages?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
When I attempt to print Epson says "not supported " . The printer list says "idol ".
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Thank you. Let's begin troubleshooting by doing the following:

1. Make sure that your printer is turned on and ready. Let me know if there are any error lights or error messages on the printer itself.

2. If your printer is connected to the usb port of your MAC, disconnect it.

3. Check for software updates to make sure that your Mac has the latest information about your printer.

Let me know if you need help with this step

4. If you disconnected your printer from the USB port in step 2, reconnect it now.

5. From the Finder, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.

6. Select your printer in the list of devices. You might need to wait a moment for it to appear.

After it appears, please print a test page. Let me know the results.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We're going to have to continue later.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

That's fine, Just let me know when you are available for further troubleshooting.