Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

I have Dimage dual 3 AF-2840 slide scanner and have a Mac

Customer Question

I have Dimage dual 3 AF-2840 slide scanner and have a Mac running OS 10.9
I need the software driver to run this scanner. can you help me to a place where I can down load the necessary software or is this 500 dollar scanner now relegated to a paper weight. My eimail is***@******.***
Don Neigenfind
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

There is a website that you can try to download the driver, but it costs money to obtain access to it. It is called VueScan. You can take a look at it here:

https://www.hamrick.com/#download

I looked everywhere for a driver for Mac OS 10.9 to no avail. Only found a bunch of spam.

I did see that Minolta has completely stopped supporting these items as well.

My suggestion would be to bite the bullet and upgrade, but if you want to try using the website I gave you and utilizing their software, it's completely up to you.

I wish I had better news. Let me know if you have any questions.

Would you like to close this question out? Were you able to get this resolved? Thank you.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

I have not looked into it but it is possible that the scanner is still working and the app used to do the scanning is what is not working.

you should be able to find the scanner under apple / preferences / scanners

clicking on it if it is there might give you a way to do a scan. or the new macs have their own scanning app as well.

But the first thing to do is to see if the scanner is listed in the scanner section