Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Our printer is a pixma mx 922. purchased in Feb 2014. I did

Customer Question

Our printer is a pixma mx 922. purchased in Feb 2014. I did maintenance on it & deep cleaning & printed the nozzle test pattern, which seemed to come out ok (after deep cleaning)...but checking the ink levels, it shows there is no ink in any of the cartridges..and when I try to print something, the paper that comes out of the tray is completely blank. I have replaced the ink cartridges that showed low (blinking red lights) recently so I'm sure there is plenty of ink available for printing.... help please
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Theres nothing wrong with your ink tanks.. It is your printhead that has failed.. And thankfully its easy and cheap to replace.

You can get a working printhead here for 20$ brand new

That way, you keep all the ink and supplies you have for that printer, repair it. And its print quality should match what it was when you first opened it and used it after you bought it.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.