Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.

I have a Panasonic KX-P2123 printer. This morning, the

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic KX-P2123 printer. This morning, the "paper out" light suddenly came on in the middle of a job and the printer began "beeping". I turned it off & re-set the factory defaults, but the problem still persists. Any suggestions? (I haven't ever done it before, but I suppose I could try to get at the "paper out" sensor under the platen if you could walk me through how to do that.) Woody
Category: Printers
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 months ago.

Hello Woody, and thank you for choosing

Paper Out sensor is not somethign that can be GOT TO.

It would require you taking the printer apart into TOO many componenets......and its just a toggle switch.....normally they dont fail.

I would suggest you have a different issue.......please give me a moment to look through the technical documents to verify this.

Please Stand-By

I am not seeing anything for a KX-P2132

Its like it does not exist

There are SIMILAR ones....

See the image below, NOTE: the P2132 is NOT listed.

Can you DOUBLE check the printer model please. Maybe take a picture of it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It's not KX-P2132; It's KX-P2123.

okay, can you look at the image below and tell me if that is what YOU HAVE?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
That's it.

OKay......unfortunately I have bad news, that printer is OVER 10 years old.

There are no manuals available online, and there is VERY VERY little info about this printer (in the troubleshooting space) available.

Do you still have the User Manual? If not, and since nothign exists online....It will have to be taken in and serviced....if that is even possible anymore.

As they DO NOT make the parts for it anymore, so any parts will have to be procured as a USED part, or another prinetr of same type that can be scanvenged for parts.

I am sorry, but theres nothign that can be done from my perspective.

The only thing i can suggest, is to REMOVE all paper from the machine, and then REseat the paper back into the printer.

That MAY reset the sensor......but odds are the printer has failed......which is normal for a printer of this age.

Thats the best that can be offered.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried removing and re-setting the paper, too. So you're probably right. There's a repair technician here in town I'll take it to and see if he can do anything with it. I do have the owners manual. Many thanks for your efforts. Woody

In cases like this....i dont like to be right......but, with a printer of this could be a number of different thigns that could have failed, and unless you can REPLACE what MIGHT be causing the issue, and then REtest......theres absolutely NO WAY to know.

With that in mind.....your only recourse is to have this printer serviced......but theres a good chance NOBODY will work on it.....due to its age, and lack of available parts.

Nobody wants to work on a printer, and ONLY be able to put USED parts on it for a fix. Atleast none of the technicians I know will put USED parts on a device, and then CHARGE full price for the repair.......most tech's will just deny service......if its older than 10 years.

Just FYI.

Please take a moment to rate my performance.

Thank you!