Viet - Printer Tech
Viet - Printer Tech, Printer Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot printers, scanners, etc.
30037186

I purchased a Canon printer and need help installing the it.

Customer Question

I purchased a Canon printer and need help installing the it. It came with a CD, but I am understanding what is needed.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What happens when you insert the printer's CD disk and open / install it? Is there any error or message?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Solution #1:

- After inserting the printer's CD disk, then if you have a Windows computer, then open windows explorer / file explorer (open a folder), then click on Computer (or click on This PC), then open the cd/dvd drive letter there, and install it.

; If you have a Mac computer, then after inserting the printer's CD disk, then open the cd/dvd icon on the Desktop screen, or open Finder, then click on the cd/dvd item there, and install it.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please click on the Canon website below:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-single-function/ip-series/ip2820?tab=drivers

, then there, select / download the iP2800 series Full Driver & Software Package and install it, and check.

- If there is still any issue, please answer my questions in my previous reply above, so I can troubleshoot the issue further.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How is it going? Do you still need help with this issue or with anything else?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,