Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

Printer Error has occurred. Contact the service center. For

Customer Question

Printer Error has occurred. Contact the service center.
For a Canon Pixma MX892. What do I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Do you get any error code like B200?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
on the top it says 5B00
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

Inkjet printers have a fibrous pad inside them that collects the waste ink from cleaning the print head. Over time, this pad fills up with ink and can no longer hold any more. When this occurs, the printer indicates error 5B00.

If the printer is in warranty, Canon service facility will help you replacing the ink pads. If the printer is not in warranty, please try the instructions in the link below.

http://www.en.rellenadodecartuchos.com/2014/05/how-to-get-rid-of-5b00-error-message-on-canon-printers.html

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The first two options didn't work, and the 3rd option said there was a link to follow and there isn't. So, my question wasn't answered satisfactorily.
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

If you have tried the first two procedure and nothing work, that means that the printer needs repair. However, if the printer is too old, it is better to get a new printer instead of getting it repaired.

Unfortunately, except for business-grade workgroup printers, few modern printers are repairable, and fewer are worth repairing.

Most printers are now manufactured to a "replace not repair" standard. To understand why this is the case, consider the cold, hard, real-world cost of repairing a printer.

There's a two hour shop time minimum charge, with technician time at $US 100/hour. Then add parts - figure a $US 50 minimum for parts. The minimum cost of having a printer repaired is $US 250.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok thank you.
Expert:  Shefin replied 4 months ago.

You are most welcome!. If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

S H E F I N