Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Have pixma IP 5200 printer that prints color, but not

Customer Question

have pixma IP 5200 printer that prints color, but not!
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Have you tried an automatic printhead cleaning yet?

If not, then on your windows computer go to the devices and printers page, then right click your printer and then click printer properties.

Then click maintenance, and then click cleaning.. or deep cleaning.

Run the cleaning once, and then test. If it still wont print black, run the deep cleaning, and then test.

if it still wont work send a reply and let me know so I can assist you further as needed. ( And if it does work, please reply and let me know it worked so we can close this question)

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.