Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30+ yrs. experience in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

The carriage locking tab - I am trying to identify this part

Customer Question

the carriage locking tab - I am trying to identify this part in an Epson pro 9600 I am getting the error 00010004
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

This error for this model printer is a CR Encoder check error. The printer causes this error and stops operation if it cannot detect the encoder pulse signals at intervals of the specified time during the power-on initialization operation or while the CR Motor is driving.

This is caused by the CR Encoder FFC being disconnected, the CR Motor connector is disconnected, the FFC of the encoder on the CR side is broken, the wiring of the A and B phases are wrong (opposite), the wiring of the CR Motor is wrong (opposite), the CR Motor shorted out, or the fuse for the motor driver is blown. (on the Main Board)

You might be able to fix this by reattaching the Timing Fence for detecting the encoder securely and correctly.

If that doesn't work, clean dirt or paper dust on the Timing Fence and check if it is damaged.

If that doesn't remedy, reconnect the CR Encoder FFC or the CR Motor connector securely.

If it is still not working, execute the CR Timing Belt Tension Adjustment

After that, if still not fixed, replace the CR Encoder Sensor.

After that and it is still not fixed, try replacing the CR motor assembly.

Finally, you'd have to replace the main board assembly.

To answer your first question, I have included a picture to help you identify both the CR unit and the carriage locking tab. It may not be the exact model but it will help you nonetheless.

I hope this helps. If you need further assistance, reply and I, or another expert, will answer you in an timely fashion.

If you are satisfied with this answer, please rate my answer with 3 stars or more to ensure that I receive credit.

Have a wonderful day and thank you for using Just Answer.

Here is the photo. I apologize.

Were you able to resolve this at all? Thank you for your response in advance.

Would you like to close this question out? Were you able to get this resolved? Thank you.

Hi! My name is***** will be assisting you today. Did the technician from Microsoft assist you in attempting to turn on Bidirectional Support?

Expert:  Robert M. replied 4 months ago.

that should be the tab that locks the cartridges into place in the printhead