John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

I'm getting a code 0x97, epson workforce 3620, The screen

Customer Question

I'm getting a code 0x97
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: epson workforce 3620
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The screen says to turn on and off
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 9 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

That fault normally indicates a failure of the internal logic board.. But sometimes, its a sign of a paper jam or debris inside the machine.. So just to be thorough, lets run through these steps completely.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=232591&prodoid=63099059&foid=254073&UseCookie=yes

If that doesnt get rid of the error.. Make sure you unplug the machine from power and then leave it unplugged for five minutes, t hen hold power while you are plugging it back in.. Does that clear the error?

If not, the logic board sells ( if you can find it ) for normally 69.99 and above.. You can get a new WF3620 for about the same price, with a warranty

http://amzn.to/2aekYVa

However, if your epson is u nder one year old we can get epson to replace it for free.

I hope the information above helped you repair the problem, or at least helped you figure out the best way to move forward.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.