Jennifer French
Jennifer French, Technician
Experience:  Owner at Down Home Technical Solutions
95132829

Epson Bx320fw. I have problem with this printer. I bought

Customer Question

Hi, epson Bx320fw. I have problem with this printer. I bought new genuine cartridge. But still there is error of Ink not recognised.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I bought Epson BX320FW in June 2012.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I turned it off, replaced the cartridge. I did it several times. But still same error is there.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nothing else. Only I want the solution.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

One quick question before we start troubleshooting. Are the cartridges Epson brand or refillable?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I bought new T1285 Multipack for my Epson Stylus BX320FW.

The Ink required for the BX320FW is T1295. If you did buy the T1285, that may be what is causing the issue. If you don't use the right ink for the machine, it will throw the "ink not recognized" error.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already bought it. Because the salesman said that T1285 will work with BX320FW.

Let me double check just to make sure. I don't want you to leave here with the wrong information.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Ok. Please see, if there is a way with T1285.

I'm showing that the only difference between the two is capacity. Does it fit in the carriage as it should?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
of course. It fits exactly as T1295 fits.

T1285 is not on the list for your model printer. But there are a few things you can try.

Take the cartridges out and put the old ones back in, that way the error will clear. Then replace each cartridge one at a time to see if only one of them is giving the error. If it is only one, then simply replace that cartridge.

Also make sure the contacts for the ink inside the cartridge are clean. You can use a cotton swab to clean them.

Then unplug the printer for 30 seconds, and plug it back in and see if the error persists.

Let me know if any of this works.

Did I resolve your issue? If I did, please rate my answer with a rating of 3 stars or more to ensure that I receive credit.

If you still have questions, please reply back and I, or another technician, will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Have a good day.