John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Not near the system, but MFC printer will not power up, On a

Customer Question

Not near the system, but MFC printer will not power up, On a MAC
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: About 1 year old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Unplug, wait 5 min, plug in. Ligts up then powers down. Mac system says it is offlne
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Sorry I am not near system. Pls put me to expert
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It is an important aspect of the case as you have explained it for us, as to whether the MFC printer is more, or less, than 1 year from its date of original purchase. Please consider that point a little.

Try (when you are near the printer) disconnecting it from everything - including the power.

Then leave it that way for at least 10 minutes, preferably a half hour or longer.

Then plug it in, only to the power.

Then turn it on, thus disconnected from everything but power. See if it indicates anything at all, before it powers Off again... or hopefully, stays powered On.

Let me know, please, as to the results of this, by Reply To Expert.