I have a 6605dn and the paper sensor appears to not work. it

Customer Question

i have a 6605dn and the paper sensor appears to not work. it will not recognise either tray
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: workcentre 6605dn, about 2 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: only loading and unloading
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
Category: Printers
Expert:  MDG_Sacto replied 2 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

First suspect is the paper sensor flag. It is made of plastic and is VERY common to bend/break. Usually has to be replaced. Here is a picture of the part:

Let me know if you want to attempt replacing it yourself, otherwise you will need a printer technician.

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.