John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Not my printer but rather my partner's, a canon mx410, is

Customer Question

Not my printer but rather my partner's, a canon mx410, is stuck on pause-default. Is there anyway you can help fix it? thank you.
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, it has not. The printer is about three years old and used quite a lot.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turning the printer on and off (several times), unplugging the printer and turning the computer on and off. Just the basics, really.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Viet - Printer Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to make a copy from the printer's glass (not printing from the computer)?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?

Is the printing connected to the computer with a USB printer cable? Or is the connection wireless?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,