Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

I have a new printer HP office jet pro 8715. Had problems

Customer Question

I have a new printer HP office jet pro 8715. Had problems installing the drivers. Called in on 7/17 case #(###) ###-#### Upon the help I could Print. Now I can't. I have internet connection to both the printer and computer. Drivers seem to be installed properly. When I send print command; the document will not print. It says the printer is off line. How do I bring it back on line?The printer status report says everything is ok.
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

go to the devices and printers folder

delete or remove the copy of the printer that is there

then click on add printer

it should find the printer on the network and if it does

just click next next next etc and it will re install it and the new one will work

if it can not find the printer on the network than the printer has lost connection with the router and you need to set it up again from the setup /wifi / network section on the printer control panel

Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you have done most of the right things to try when a problem like this occurs. But there are a few other things to try, also.

Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.

How long has the battery or batteries in the camera been in-use? If over a year, then you might possibly have a battery/batteries that are getting weak. Rechargeable batteries do get weaker with time, and eventually fail to deliver enough power to start up a device like a digital camera; they then need replacing. The replacement battery needs to be charged up for 6+ hours before its first use, owing to its having been on a shelf for a considerable time.

How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it.

Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?

Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?

Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?

Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?

How old is your camera? measured from its date of purchase.