Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Epson XP-400. It says the printer ink pad is about to need

Customer Question

Epson XP-400. It says the printer ink pad is about to need to be replaced. How can I find an ink pad and replace it?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Please allow me just a moment, and I will get back to you.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

What you need to do, is download the ink pad counter reset utility.. You can get that utility from here for free, but it will only reset it to 90%

http://printerkeys.com/resetting-epson-xp-400-waste-ink-pad-counter.html

Downloading the free resettter with the 90% key.. Will at least show you if this can fix the issue, before you spend the 9$ for the full reset key.

So if the reset utility and key works, consider buying the 9$ key for a permanent fix. As far as the pads themselves, youd have to have printed somewhere around 5-10 thousand pages with that printer for the actual pad to be full. The error is due to a simple software cou nter that just counts the days the machine has been turned on, cleanings, pages printed, etc. The pad itself is not full

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, this is Dustin from Justanswer. I see you viewed my reply but you never responded. Did you still need help with this issue?

Dustin S.