Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I can't get my epson xp-630 to print. It keeps saying my

Customer Question

I can't get my epson xp-630 to print. It keeps saying my output tray isn't set up right, but I pulled it out and it's still not working
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: a few months old. Expression Premium XP-630 Small-in-One
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just keep moving the output tray to different places to get it to work.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please turn off the printer and unplug all its cables. Press and hold the power button for a minute. Wait for two minutes and plugin the cables.

Restart the printer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's not a re-booting issue, tho I did just do what you said. The problem is that the display tells me to adjust the front edge guide and load paper face-down. I don't know what they mean by adjust front edge guide and side edges. They seem adjusted to me. But it keeps telling me to do it.
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

That mean the gauges that get the paper tight. After loading the paper, make sure that it adjusted using the gauges to get it tight and straight.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They are secure and tight. I didn't know this would cost me $$
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Make sure that you have given the correct measurements while printing. It seems that you have selected printing on Envelops.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Can you call me? Or I'll call you?
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

I apologize that I cannot contact you by phone right now. Are you able to copy like Xerox without any issues?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No
Expert:  Shefin replied 7 months ago.

Do the following:

1. Right-click the printer icon on the Windows taskbar, then select Printer Settings.
  2. If necessary, click the Main tab.
  3. Select the Paper Source you want to use.
  4. Click OK.

Note: If you print from Cassette 1 > Cassette 2 a window will appear. Click OK.

Also, check if you are loading the paper properly.

https://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?UseCookie=yes&infoType=FAQ&oid=273278&prodoid=63102261&foid=284749&cat=237989&subcat=237997

Also, check for paper jams inside the printer.

Paper jams : https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd42849/source/troubleshooting/reference/xp800/problem_jam_inside_xp800.html

Link 2 : https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd42849/source/troubleshooting/reference/xp800/problem_jam_cassette_xp800.html

Link 3 : https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd4/cpd42849/source/troubleshooting/reference/xp800/problem_jam_rear_cover_xp800.html

Thank you.

S H E F I N