John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Installing DVD connection but stalled at wizard start up

Customer Question

installing DVD for MF220 for wifi connection but stalled at wizard start up question: search for device. No devices come up and I am not sure how to enter IP address. IP address for computer, for printer? HELP. Mary
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 10 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I ask how the printer is connected to your system? (usb, wifi, network, etc)

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I am trying to install a new printer. Not yet connected but want to connect to wifi.

At this point, is the printer connected to the wireless signal?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No

The dvd application will not find the printer unless it is connected.

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

I see that you attempted to accept the offer, but it was blocked by your credit card company or bank. You will need to contact them and request that they remove the block. Once that is complete, you can click the Accept this Offer button again.