John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

My Samsung ML-2525 printer now has a steady red light and

Customer Question

My Samsung ML-2525 printer now has a steady red light and there is no sound from the printer. The onscreen message says "Door is open. Close door." But no door is open. I just replaced cartridge with a remanufactured cartridge of a type which has worked fine in my other ML-2525s.
JA: Has your Samsung done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: we just got this printer from a friend so we dont know how old it is. but she informs us that it has not done this before
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we havent tried troubleshooting but we tried installing the network using many differnt methods
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: the computer keeps saying the printer cover is open when there is evidently nothing open on the printer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 9 months ago.

Hi! My name is***** sounds as though the switch may have gotten stuck. If you get a pin or a paper clip, the switch is on the right side of the door. It's a minor inconvenience but if the printer works otherwise, you will only have to do that when you change the ink.

Let me know if that works.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Where is the switch
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
i dint know which door it is

If you open the front part of the printer, you'll see the ink cartridges and other components on the inside. The switch is on the right hand side. It will be a little pin hole.

If you haven't opened this part of the printer, I would firmly shut it and try to see if it works. THEN, if it doesn't, use the pin or paper clip to manually press the switch.

Here is a pic of the front.

Please forgive me. I had to disconnect our session due to an emergency with my daughter. Please let me know if that works. If not, I will release this to another technician.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok today is too late , take care of ur daughter, i will try tomorrow