Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Electronics engineer with 7+ years of experience in repairing office equipments & printers
22727371

Epson WF 4640. I am unhappy with this 2 year old printer.

Customer Question

Epson WF 4640. I am unhappy with this 2 year old printer. Epson says it is out of warranty.
Problem: Printhead clogged and I have done the normal clean process. Cleaning Kits online don't apply to this printer because the print-head is fixed. I have contacted several local shops and I get the impression they do not want to fix this printer.
please advise.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sadique. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Take a paper towel and fold it into 4 turns and make it little thick. Then add little rubbing alcohol to it and then place it in the path of the printhead carriage. Then move the printhead carriage over it a few times.

Please follow this link to see a video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrAqXjX10xs

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Like I said the PRINTHEAD CARRIAGE IS FIXED. There is no way to get in the path of the carriage. If there is a way it is not clear in your response.
please advise.

Let me clarify,

Has the printhead carriage jammed ?

Is it not moving?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Like I said, it is fixed. It is permanently screwed the right side of the inside of the unit. It doesn't move at all. You cannot place anything behind or underneath the printhead!! Look up the 4640 in your manuals and you will see what I am talking about
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Listen!
I am not a technician. If this requires a laborious method to repair, then kindly refund my money.
Due to a severe windstorm in our area I was unable to respond. I am extremely sorry for the delay in follow up.
I will be available after 12 hours from now. Please let me know if this alright for you.
Thank You!
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Obviously you do not have a fix for the 4640 printer.
reverse my credit card charge please.

I will give you a video manual which will help you to access your printhead and clean it manually.

Please click this link to access the video manual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFmEvEGM7E4

Follow the instructions and tell me how it goes!