Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Computer networking/repair. 12+ years experience.

Maybe you can help me my Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mk ii stopped

Customer Question

Hello, maybe you can help me my Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mk ii stopped working without any reason
I cannot make it workl
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: no, this is the first time... is around 3 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: unplugging it... trying to reset it *but not sure I'm doing it right... and pulling out the cartridges and putting them back
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thanks nothing else...
Category: Printers
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Are you seeing any signs of life from it at all? Anything on the display, beeping or clicking sounds, etc?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hello Nathan,thank you for answering, before we continue I was told the charge for this service was going to be $5 refundable and I got charged $31 CA. I was not planning on spending that, I paid via PayPal, I would like to have my money back and I will try to get some assistance later. Thanks
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

The charge is not $5, that is just a deposit to post your question, the total fee is the other amount you mentioned, with the balance charged upon corresponding with me here. That fee would have been showed at several points during the payment process.

If you wish to continue, I'd be happy to help you here; for comparison note that canon will not support your printer any longer, and going to a local repair shop will cost you about $125 on average just for diagnostics.

If you prefer to cancel/refund, you'd do that from the account/help page.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you,
I would like to continue then.Ok.. so I'm getting 10 blinks from the orange light on my printer. I already cleaned the cartridges heads and I checked and nothing is stuck on it. The day it stopped working it was while I was printing, nothing weird or out of the ordinary. I really don[t understand.I was told I might be able to make it work if I reset it? but I don't know how to. Any ideas.Model is Canon Pixma Pro 9000 mark ii I got it 3 years ago aprox. and it has never given me any trouble.Thank you
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Just to be clear, it only blinks orange? Or orange and green?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Orange and green
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Okay thank you for confirming.

So 10 blinks orange/green indicates a hardware problem specifically, it is the result of a bad printhead (or the logic board that controls it).

The head is a "wear item" that fails with age/use. These machines are really only built for a 3 year service life, so this type of failure is not surprising.

There is one step you can take here, to clean and reset the system, but it is very unlikely to help. 99.9% of the time, this does come down to a hardware fault.

While it can be fixed, it is not worthwhile to do so. You would have to, at a minimum, replace the printhead, which costs about $450; if the logic board is bad you’re looking at $200-250. For $300-500 (depending on model) you can replace the entire machine with a brand new model, with current technology and a fresh warranty, which makes more sense than buying the new part for an older printer.

Depending how you'd like to proceed, I can advise on the cleaning/reset steps if you wish to try, help with finding parts, finding a local repair shop, or recommending replacement options for you. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok, thanks... yes, I thought this was the case and I was told so also, I've been trying to fix it with many different solutions and nothing works and I prefer to spend the money on a new one than trying to repair it and loose that money.Thank you for your helphave a nice day! :)
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome.

If looking to replace it, I'd recommend the or

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you! I will replace it with the same printer I love it and Ihave LOTS OF INK! so I'll look into buying it again maybe in e/bay... thanks!
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

That is certainly an option too, and then you can always hold on to what you have for spare parts.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
exactly! :) THANKS AGAIN have a good day!
Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?