GeekGal
GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software
76665483

Have mx 922 printer photos washed out how to get nozzle

Customer Question

have mx 922 printer photos washed out how to get nozzle check pattern etc
Category: Printers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi Gene. My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
how do i fix photo
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

To begin,

1. Make sure that the power is turned on.

2. Make sure that one or more sheets of A4 or Letter-sized plain paper are loaded in the cassette (lower).

3. Open the paper output tray.

NEXT, on the printer lcd screen

(1) Press the MENU button.

(2) Select Setup, then press the OK button.

The setup menu screen will appear.

(3) Select Maintenance, then press the OK button.

The Maintenance screen will appear.

(4) Select Print nozzle check pattern, then press the OK button.

The confirmation screen will appear.

(5) Select Yes, then press the OK button.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works out for you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
when I get set up there is no maintenance button
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

This is a Canon MX922. Correct?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
cannon pima mx 922
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Thank you. Please give me just a moment to double-check my instructions and to see if there is an alternative way to perform the nozzle check.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am waiting
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Those are the correct instructions per the Canon Support site for the Pixma MX922 printer. Here is a link to a more in-depth description of how to perform the steps that I provided, complete with illustrations.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART143210

Please let me know if that helps.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

I have also found an alternate method to perform the nozzle check from your computer.

Use Your Computer to Print a Nozzle Check Pattern

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Nozzle Check on the Maintenance tab

The Nozzle Check dialog box opens.Load paper in the machine

3. Click Print Check Pattern.

4. Printing of the nozzle check pattern begins.

Click OK when the confirmation message appears.
    The Pattern Check dialog box opens.

5. Check the print result

Check the print result. When the print result is normal, click Exit.

6. If the print result is smudged or if there are any unprinted sections, You can perform a cleaning of the print head.

Cleaning the Print Heads from Your Computer

The print head cleaning function allows you to clear up clogged print head nozzle. Perform print head cleaning if printing is faint or a specific color fails to print, even though there is enough ink.

1. Open the printer driver setup window.

2. Click Cleaning on the Maintenance tab
  3. When the Print Head Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which cleaning is to be performed.
    Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing cleaning.

4. Execute cleaning

Make sure that the machine is on and then click Execute.

Print head cleaning starts.

Important
    • Do not close the paper output tray until the cleaning is complete.

5. Complete cleaning

The Nozzle Check dialog box opens after the confirmation message.

6. Check the results

To check whether the print quality has improved, click Print Check Pattern. To cancel the check process, click Cancel.

If cleaning the head once does not resolve the print head problem, clean it once more. After two cleaning sessions, if there is still a problem, please perform a deep cleaning.

DEEP CLEANING

Deep Cleaning

Deep Cleaning is more thorough than cleaning. Perform deep cleaning when two Cleaning attempts do not resolve the print head problem.

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Click Deep Cleaning on the Maintenance tab

When the Deep Cleaning dialog box opens, select the ink group for which deep cleaning is to be performed.
    Click Initial Check Items to display the items you need to check before performing deep cleaning.

3. Execute deep cleaning

Print head deep cleaning starts.

Important
    • Do not close the paper output tray until the deep cleaning is complete.

4. Complete deep cleaning

5. Check the results

Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

If there is no sign of improvement after Deep Cleaning, switch off the machine, wait 24 hours, and then perform Deep Cleaning again. If there is still no sign of improvement, the ink may have run out or the print head may be worn.

Here is a link to the user manual for this printer just in case you should need it in the future:

http://bit.ly/2ao7QlG

I hope that I have provided the information that you were seeking. If so, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't get the function numbers
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't get the function numbers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

That's ok. I found another way for you to do it. Please read though the previous instructions about doing this from the computer. Try that. If you have difficulty getting to the printer driver setup window, let me know what your operating system is and I will walk with you through it.

If you're not sure, you should be able to use one of these links to find out. Or, if you prefer I can connect to you remotely and work on this while you watch.

For Windows

Can you click this link and tell me what you see please?

http://whatsmyos.com/

For MAC

From the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OSx10.11.1
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.
  1. Open Applications, Utilities, and double-click the 'Printer Setup Utility' icon.

Note : The name of Printer Setup Utility varies according to the Mac OS X version. When your Mac OS X version is older than 10.3.x, double-click 'Print Center'.
  2. In the Printer List, select the printer name you are using, and (depending on Operating System version) click 'Utility' or 'Maintenance' in the toolbar.

Note : If the printer name is ***** ***** click 'Add' to detect the printer you are using.

If the printer name is ***** ***** displayed, confirm that the cable connects the printer to the computer and the printer is powered on; then, in the Printer List pop-up menu, select the connection condition in which the printer is actually connected.
  3. From the pop-up menu, select 'Test Print'.
  4. Click the 'Nozzle Check' icon.
  5. After Checking that letter-size plain paper is set in the auto sheet feeder (ASF), click 'Print Check Pattern'. The nozzle check pattern printing will start.
  6. Examine the nozzle check pattern output.
  7. When the output is normal, click 'Quit' to finish the pattern check
  8. When the output is not normal, click 'Cleaning' to perform print head cleaning.
  9. Note: When printing a Nozzle Check Pattern from a printer which does not use a black ink cartridge, the Black pattern will not be printed on the paper and the BK pattern will not appear in the Pattern Check window.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

If it was necessary to proceed to cleaning, after clicking Click 'OK' the Print head cleaning starts.The Power lamp will blink and print head cleaning of the print head nozzles starts. The blink stops when print head cleaning is over. Until print head cleaning completes, do not try other operations. Print head cleaning will take about 60 seconds.

After cleaning, print the Nozzle Check Pattern again to examine the print head status. If all is well, you're done. If it is still not satisfactory, run the cleaning cycle once more. If that doesn't resolve the issue, try a deep cleaning.

Print Head Deep Cleaning:

1. From the pop-up menu, select 'Cleaning'.
  2. Click 'OK'. Print head deep cleaning starts.
  3. The Power lamp will blink and print head cleaning of the print head nozzles starts. The blink stops when print head cleaning is over. Until print head cleaning completes, do not try other operations. Print head cleaning will take about 2 to 3 minutes.
    Print a Nozzle Check Pattern and examine it.
  4. Perform Deep Cleaning again if necessary.
    If the print quality does not improve, turn off the printer and let it sit for 24 hours or more, then perform Deep Cleaning again. The wait time may allow dried ink in clogged print head nozzles to liquify, and resolve the problem.
  5. If the print quality does not improve, replace the ink cartridge(s).
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Did this work for you or do you still need help?