MasterFixIt
MasterFixIt, Technician
Experience:  I have been fixing Printers and copiers for over 30 years.
11519491

Receiving a message on my Epson Workforce WF3620 that the

Customer Question

Receiving a message on my Epson Workforce WF3620 that the ink cartridge needs replacing, however, when I replace the ink cartridge the message will not go away...Frustrating
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Workforce -WF-3620 the printer is only 1 month old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: new ink cartridges - power down multiple times - removed cartridges - cleaned contacts
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's it
Category: Printers
Expert:  MasterFixIt replied 4 months ago.

Hi , I am Tech Michael an expert in this field and I will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem

, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating ,it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only credited for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

On this one, it could be a bad cartridge, but I highly doubt that is the case.

This sounds more like you have a new printer with a defective electronic component for sure. I have been servicing printers like this one for over 20 years o I am pretty sure of that problem.

In one way though you are lucky that it failed now instead of after the warranty ran out lol.

This one needs to be replaced by Epson, they are very good about this issue, but you need to contact them their support phone # ***** ***** the user manual and on the warranty card. When you call, tell them the issue and that you simply want a replacement printer given that the printer is so new and has already had trouble. I did some research for you and found this to be an isolated incident meaning the printer is just one out of the bunch with this issue. It may have been damaged during shipping is all;-)

They will replace this for you free of cost. I wish I had better news for you, I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice weekend!

Sincerely

Tech Michael

Thank you

Tech Michael