Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware
15197395

WF 7620 with error message 0x97 over and over again even

Customer Question

WF 7620 with error message 0x97 over and over again even though have performed the power off and on instructions numerous times
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Epson WF 7620
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: powering off and on and clearing paper jams
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: other than this printer has a blue flashing status light that I can never get to turn off
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on Justanswer.com, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem you are facing is caused due to two reasons, one defective printhead or two defective logic board. Unfortunately, in both the cases, you have to send the printer for repairing. But, before that you can try the steps below and check the result. Let me know, if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Remove all the cartridges.

Turn off the printer and unplug.

Clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the printer with cotton swab and IP alcohol.

Power on the printer.

Reseat the cartridges.