Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

On trying to print a page my Canon MP560 printer displayed a

Customer Question

On trying to print a page my Canon MP560 printer displayed a notice saying "the type of print head is incorrect"
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: No, age about 5 years
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I don't know where to look
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks, ***** ***** to see if I need to buy a new head or clean the existing one.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To start with, a replacement printhead can be bought rather cheaply these days,

A few years ago you were stuck with purchasing OEM printheads at around 100$. So 25$ for a printhead isnt bad at all.

As far as cleaning, you could t ry removing all the ink tanks, removing the printhead. And then cleaning carefully all the electrical contacts you can see on the printhead with a soft, lint free cloth slightly dampened in a solution of 1 part windex and 3 parts water. ( the wi ndex can be substituted for any ammonia free glass cleaner, or rubbing alochol)

Once cleaned, you could try and insert the printhead and see if its recognized. If not, you will need to replace it. ( And thats most likely the outcome as these printheads were only rated to last a few years and youre past that )

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.