Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable

Just inherited a WF-3540 Wi-fi printer from my son and love

Customer Question

Just inherited a WF-3540 Wi-fi printer from my son and love it. HOWEVER, I am having font problems. If I print from my email on my old printer, the font size is normal (maybe 10 or 11). When I print the same email from my iPad to the Epsom, font size is 14 or 15.
Have been through all of the options on the Epson. It is not the composition of the email.
Gloria Beranek
steaming in Missouri . . . don't move here
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Is the problem with the font size being too large, only happening when printing from the iPad?

If so, what app on the iPad do you use for printing, please?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know what app on the iPad I am using . . .

It would be the app you double-click to open the email, I would think. Unless you are opening another app to do the printing.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I simply click on the email icon on my home screen and my emails are automatically loaded from my University of Missouri email account. After I have read an email, I can choose to reply, reply to all, forward, or print.

That might be Outlook, that you are loading your emails with. Does it say

'Outlook' in the bar at the top of the window you read your email with, perhaps?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Microsoft Outlook Web App.I have a slow connection here and this is cumbersome. Can you call me? 573/445-7346

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

That font size may be inherent to the MS Outlook Web App.

But, try this:

1. open Microsoft Outlook Web App

2. click on the Options button at the top right

3. click on

See All Options

4. Then go to

in the left-hand drop-down menu

5. under Message Format, change the entries in

Choose Message Font:

esp. where it is probably set to '14' currently, to '10' or '11' instead.

6. click on the SAVE button at the bottom right of the window.

And then try printing email. This may be the change you need to get the correct size out of the printing process.

Let me know how it goes, please. And if the outcome is good, please take the time to rate my work and my answer, favorably. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Did all of that . . . font is already set to 10. Am quitting for the evening! Am taking the iPad to the University Help Desk tomorrow. Oh, I took a screen shot of your instructions and printed them from the iPad to the Epson . . . font was fine.

So is the problem only with the printing from Microsoft Outlook of emails, and not a problem for other printing?

The font setting for Read or for Reading may need changing. Then the email will have smaller type, then it will print with a smaller font on the printer, perhaps.