JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

My Brpther Printer MFC-J6710DW keeps indicating paper jam

Customer Question

My Brpther Printer MFC-J6710DW keeps indicating paper jam front & rear. I have done all the suggestions given by the manual and other suggestions from the web...
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Just gave you the model - 3 years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: all.
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Not sure - how do you know they can handle it? That is not what I read on the web...
Category: Printers
Expert:  JKalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

To clear the error flags you have to open all the doors and remove the paper supply cassette tray. You have to check all the paper paths, even if there is no paper jam to reset the error condition. It helps to use a flashlight, so that you do not miss any actual paper fragments.