Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

I cannot add my Brother MFC-J4710DW printer to my laptop via

Customer Question

I cannot add my Brother MFC-J4710DW printer to my laptop via my home WiFi network. I really need to send documents to this printer for printing.
When I use the Troubleshooter function, it says it cannot find the source of the trouble.
Please help.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My company's laptop is an HP ProBook 430 G2 running Window 7 enterprise, service pack 1.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I work from home and had some trouble a few weeks ago which required my company's tech support rep to ask me to delete and add back my home printer to help fix a problem I was having on my laptop. I have not been able to add it back to my laptop ever since. They then told I would have to contact Brother for help since it was a Brother printer problem which our tech reps do not support. Perhaps I need a new driver?
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

All we should have to do, is reconnect the brother printer to your laptop with its usb cable.

And then follow these steps to reconnect the printer to the wireless network, and your computer. Heres how

If n eeded, this is something I could connect to your computer and do for you, as long as you have the printers usb cord. ( If you dont have it, let me know )

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
ok, thanks. I will have to find the USB cable that came with my printer first. Then try the steps you sent me as a link. I will let you know if I will need any more help after I do that. I will not get to this until after 2:30 pm PDT today. Will you still be available at that time?
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

I will, and that will be fine. Worst case scenario if you cant find the usb cord, I can send you a link for a replacement for under 5$

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I never heard back from you after you viewed my answer. Did you still need help with this issue?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.