John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.
23822421

Everything is printed with red ink. all my inks are new but

Customer Question

everything is printed with red ink. all my inks are new but it is still red
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

In a case like the one you describe, where discoloration or wrong colors occurs in an inkjet printer, you ought to do one or two Head Cleaning cycles, to wash away waste ink that may be corrupting the ink that gets through the printhead and onto the paper.

This is especially true, if you have had the printer Off for a period of time.

Head Cleaning is a function found in the Maintenance tasks/functions invoked either from the printer's own controls and menus, or from the Maintenance tab in the (Windows) printer's driver software.

Let me know how it goes, please. Thanks.