John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Epson XP-410 suddenly says it is out of paper when it

Customer Question

Hi Pearl...
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Epson XP-410 suddenly says it is out of paper when it clearly is not. It begins to take a sheet into the feeder, pushes it three-quarters of the way through without printing, stops then tells me it is out of paper. It is not. Suggestion?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's the XP-410 and I'd guess it is 2.5 years old.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Tried clearing the feeder, looked inside for paper chips and debris, blew air to clear any dust (none) and re-booted it several times. It will sometimes print immediately after re-starting but then only prints a page or two before reverting to the problem.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Can you tell me, which version of Windows do you use ?