JKalman
JKalman, Engineer
Experience:  I am an MIT graduate with a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering from UC Berkeley.
76287196

I have been using a Zagg Bluetooth keyboard with my brother

Customer Question

I have been using a Zagg Bluetooth keyboard with my brother printer app from the App Store. A few months ago when I scan a document and try to email it my keyboard will not be recognized by the application. I have to go to settings and hit the connect each time. I deleted the app and reloaded it a few times but to no avail. Please advise. Thank you Michael Herman
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What version of iPad do you have? What application are you referring too? A printer app?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have an Air Pad 2 and I am using the Brother app

What we want to do is reset your network settings by following the link below.

http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=135260

Then reset iPad by holding down the sleep/wake button and the home button for 15 seconds

until the iPad turns off and back on again. Let me know if the bluetooth keyboard is now working.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

If you get stuck on any steps, let me know and we will go from there.

~Franklin

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
that has all been done including my IT tech from my IT dept. It's not my iPad and not my wifi. I will try to repeat the problem. I scan a document and that goes just fine, no problems. Then I as for the document to be email'd and the email address comes up but when I try to type the address it isn't connected to the keyboard. Remember that I am still in the Brother app which had no problem scanning and does not have a problem printing doc's but does have a problem when typing an address for mailing after the document has been scanned. l
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
please ask you thick to stop interrupting me when I'm typing and trying to sell me more service when I can't get this one completed. Thanks

My apologies, that is an automated function. I do not have control over the site ads or when they come in.

Give me just a moment to review for you further for suggestions. Have you uninstalled the app, then reset network

settings, then restarted the iPad, and then add the app back yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it's all been done multi times as well as Zagg getting me two new keyboards and to no avail. please read my description above for the same answer. I whom I'm not talking to a machine
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
if you can't solve this problem, please have my American Express charge refunded

I am going to opt out and let another expert pick up your question. They may have further suggestions

that you have not tried or one that you will be willing to attempt again.

Good luck,

~Franklin

Expert:  JKalman replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem.

As an electrical engineer and a hardware troubleshooting expert, I can tell you that if you have replaced the Bluetooth keyboard twice without having any impact upon the problem, the conclusive evidence is that the problem is with the Bluetooth circuits on your tablet, which are not operating within specifications.

I regret to have to be the bearer of bad news, but from my personal experience with Bluetooth, it is a technology which is quite sensitive to equipment variations and produce cycles. Basically, it works when it works, and it doesn't when it doesn't, and there isn't anything that you can do about it.

If you are satisfied with my advice, I would appreciate a Good or Excellent rating. If you have questions or are having problems, please let me know, so that I can provide you with the additional support that you need. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be of service. I ONLY GET COMPENSATED FOR MY TIME AND EFFORT WHEN I RECEIVE A POSITIVE RATING!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the excuse you gave me is bunk. I will need to go to Brother where I thought that's where I started to go but ended up with money grabbers. I can't even type an answer without a flash coming on to try to sell me what you can not supply. Please make sure that you refund my credit card charge or I will