Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

My Canon Printer Pixma MG7150 is showing Support Code 1403

Customer Question

My Canon Printer Pixma MG7150 is showing Support Code 1403 suggesting that the printer head is incorrect. This has never happened before and I cannot access the printer head
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It has not and is three years old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have tried to access the printer head to remove it and put it back but can't access it
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No thanks
Category: Printers
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Have you tried this method to get to the printhead:

1. Open the top cover of the printer to get to the ink cartridges
  2. Wait for the ink cartridges assembly to come to the middle/front
  3. Unplug the printer (now the cartridge assembly wont auto-return while the lever is up)
  4. Lift up the gray lever on the right side of the ink cartridge assembly
  5. Remove all ink cartridges
  6. Lift the black plastic print head up and out... The print head itself is a smaller piece inside of the whole assembly that slides on the rail inside the printer. Grab from inside where the cartridges were sitting and the print head piece only will come out easily.

Let me know if this is not something you can access still. And we will go from there. I am also including a video for that

particular 'series' that i am including below in case you get stuck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb2g5-4uCu8

In case you need to replace the printhead all together, i am leaving you a link to purchase one below.

http://amzn.to/29RwsOb

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

~Franklin