Sudipto, Engineer
Experience:  DIploma in Computer Hardware

Epson 410 needs black ink. Replaced it but still says

Customer Question

Epson 410 needs black ink. Replaced it but still says replace it. Tried another new cartridge thinking new one might be bad but second also gives same instruction.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2-3 months old. Xp630. Is that the model ?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Said change it so I did. Msgs kept saying replace now or later. Tried later even after replaced but same msg. So I tried another née ink but that's all
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Printer Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Sudipto replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for posting your question on, a global paid independent support site.My Name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. The problem you are facing can be caused by two reasons, one if the cartridges are defective and two if the printhead is defective. Now, as you have tried two different cartridges, it means the fault is not with the cartridges, so the problem is with the printhead. Please follow the steps below to clean the contacts and check the result. If the problem persists then, unfortunately, the printhead is defective and you have to replace the printhead to solve the problem. As the printer is only 3 months old that means it is still under warranty period, you can get the printhead or the printer replaced from Epson without any cost. Let me know, if you need any further help otherwise please remember to give a positive rating, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and effort.

Remove the black cartridge from the printer.

Remove the power cord of the printer.

Clean the contacts inside the printer with the cotton swab and IP alcohol.

Reseat the cartridge and check the result.