Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

We are trying to reset our mx410 printer to our pc and I

Customer Question

we are trying to reset our mx410 printer to our pc and I only get to lan settings and then nothing any further from instructions, what am I doing wrong?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Also, when was the last time you remember the printer would work with your PC ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
windows 10/pc
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Dustin, what do you mean by secure remote system?
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Secure remote assistance, Allows me to connect to your computer, and use the computer to interface with your printer to work on the issue on screen, directly.

I tried accepting your offer and it said payment failed. So Ive sent the offer back to you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
cancel special offer and I'll just go with the written advise.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Ok, I need you to be specific.. When you see the error message that the printer is in an error state.

Where do you see that message, on the printer itself ? On on the computer?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I feel I need to reprogram the printer but I don't reach the questions regarding wireless service or password ***** connecting
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Try running through steps 1 t hrough 5 on this page

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART109249

When you get to step 6, id recommend not choosing WPS, and instead scrolling left and right and manually selecting your network, hitting ok, and then entering the password ***** your wireless network. Remember, the asterisk key will let you change between upper case, lower case, numbers and symbols

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I havent heard back from you since you seen my reply. Did you still need help with this issue?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.