Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

WF-5190 - Tasked to print color photo on letter size

Customer Question

WF-5190 - Tasked to print color photo on letter size produced half the photo but then printer began issuing multiple colored lines. Subsequently only prints jumbled color lines, even when only black and white ate required.
iMac with OS 10.11.5
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets try the following to repair the issue.

Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
Click Printers & Scanners.
In some versions of OS X, this preference is named Print & Scan or Print & Fax.
Control-click anywhere in the list of devices on the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the shortcut menu that appears.

Once thats complete, download the drivers and utilities package from this page, for 10.11 http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=237148&infoType=Downloads&platform=OSF_M_X11

Once downloaded, open and install the package and this will reinstall the printer. Let me know if this fixes the issue, or if you need further assistance.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.