Dustin, Printer Repair Specialist
Experience:  A deep understanding and technical prowess in the finer points of printing and printer repair. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have just loaded a Canon CanoScan 5200F setup CD version

Customer Question

Hi there!!
JA: Hello. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have just loaded a Canon CanoScan 5200F setup CD version 1.03. Everything load OK and it shows up in Device manager, but the scanner is dead in the water! when I switch on the power... nothing! I also use this scanner on a laptop running vista and no problem! works fine. My PC is running Win 7 64 bit. The files from the disc atr in x86 as they should be. Whats the problem?
JA: Has your Canon done this before? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: I think I got the scanner about 8 years ago. The only time its no loaded up properly was when I reluctantly had to change to Win 7 64bit on my present PC and another PC i had a couple of years ago.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Firstly I uninstalled the Cd and ran ccleaner. then download all the latest drivers etc from Canon. That did not work so I uninstalled those and went back to the cd. The new downloaded drives did not show up in device manager. I ran a command in the run dialog box and it came up with no scanner installed although I had downloaded the new divers from Canon
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Also, would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello Dustin. Please assist via written support alone. thanks, John
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Can you try downloading the Scangear CS program from this page

http://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/scanners/canoscan_series/canoscan_5200f.aspx?type=drivers&driverdetailid=tcm:13-740724&os=Windows%207%20(64-bit)&language=EN

Once downloaded, make sure to install the program. T hen, run the Scan Gear CS program.. Can that program communicate with the scanner?

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
warning came up saying: Windows Image Acquisition Service Error. The following error occurred while attempting to launch "Canoscan Toolbox Ver4.9: the system cannot find the file specified.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Ok, lets download the Canonscan toolbox and install it next

http://support-ph.canon-asia.com/contents/PH/EN/0900293303.html

Once installed, restart the computer and then try the Scangear CS program again.. Can it access the scanner now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Have loaded up the toolbox and its now working fine - thanks.
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Youre very welcome! And Im glad to hear we were able to get the scanner working.. Before you Go, please remember to click and submit a rating to show I was able to assist you.

Dustin S