Shefin, Printer and Office Equip. Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.

I have a relatively new Epson XP-830. I am trying to replace

Customer Question

I have a relatively new Epson XP-830. I am trying to replace the 410XL ink cartridge ... following read-out on screen and after I insert the cartridge, I continue to get the message that the cartridge needs to be replaced. I have tried with two different new cartridges and get the same results. Appears that printer is not recognizing new cartridge. HELP! Thanks.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all the ink cartridges from the machine.
Then clean the contacts on the cartridges as well as inside the machine itself. Inside means the printhead where the cartrdige seats.
Do this with a small amount of warm water on a cotton swab until no ink comes off on the swab.
If any of the other cartridges are low, empty, leaking or bulging replace them.
Then turn off the machine and unplug it for 5 minutes.
Plug it back it and wait for the insert cartridges message.
Insert the cartridges and check to see if the problem is still there.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I followed your instructions. After removing the cartridge, cleaning the contacts on the cartridge and inside the machine, turning off the machine and unplugging the power for more than 5 minutes and then re-pluggung the power, turning on the machine, inserting the cartridge, when prompted I still get the same message that the cartridge needs to be replaced. If you cannot solve this problem, please advise and refund my payment. Thank you.
Expert:  Shefin replied 3 months ago.

It seems that the issue is with the printhead of your printer and it needs repair. If you would like to get a refund, please contact our customer support from the link below.

Thank you.