Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers
16433418

I have a hp envy 5660 that I bought my daughter who moved

Customer Question

I have a hp envy 5660 that I bought my daughter who moved out and I know it's wireless
Can it be connected to my I pad
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Yes, this printer support Apple AirPrint feature, that means you can use this your iPad, iPhone or any device. In order for the printer to work with iPad, you need to have both the printer and iPad connected to same WiFi network. Is the printer connected to your home network ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I check if connected
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Then it will work with iPad without any issues. Make sure the iPad is also connected to the same WiFi network that your printer has connected.

Then on the iPad, open email or photo or anything. Then tap the Share button and tap Print. Does it recognize the printer ?

Also, on the iPad go to App Store and download HP ePrint app. Open HP ePrint and does it recognize the printer ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

You can check it directly from Printer.

All you have to do is connect the printer to same WiFi network your iPad has connected and it is ready to work from iPad.

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon(a broadcasting tower like icon). The Wireless Summary screen displays. Is it show connected there ?

2. If not, then touch the Settings icon (gear like icon), and then touch Wireless Settings.

3. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions on the control panel to connect the printer to your wireless network. You must know your Wireless network name and password ***** connect the printer to your network.

Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

To make things easier, you can use the HP applications. On your iPad, open App Store. Search and download HP All-in-One Printer Remote app and also download HP ePrint app.

Open HP All-in-One Printer Remote app and follow onscreen instructions.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok done
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Is it connected to your WiFi network now ? If so, try to print something from iPad. To print something,open any email or photo or any document, tap Share button and tap Print. This will recognize the printer on network and allow you to print.

Or download HP ePrint app from App Store and use it to print.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please cancel free trial
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

It seems like you didn't subscribe to free trial. So you are ok.

Are you able to print from iPad now ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No will have friend do it for
Me
Expert:  Ashik replied 7 months ago.

Oh ok. The only thing you have to make sure is, connect both iPad and Printer to same WiFi network. Otherwise they will not recognize each other. Once they are connected to same WiFi network, your iPad will recognize it. They are compatible with each other.

If you need any help from me, please let me know and I'm happy to answer all follow up questions.