Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

I have a brother MFC260-C printer and when I print a

Customer Question

I have a brother MFC260-C printer and when I print a document is is not clear, somewhat blurred.
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

This issue usually happens if there is any issue with the print head or if the nozzles are clogged. The print head may fail after a certain degree of use. So we might be dealing with an hardware issue.

First lets try cleaning the print head.

On Printer, Press Ink Management. Select Cleaning. Select All and do this 3 times continuously. Then test the print.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. Since you already tried different cartridge, it must be the print head. Try the automatic cleaning (the above steps) a few more times continuously. If the issue persists, then we need to do manual cleaning. Manual cleaning is a time consuming and messy process. There is a 50% of success from manual cleaning. Try it if you are comfortable doing it.

(1) Open the printer and take out the head if removable by hand.

(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head. Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head and the electronic contacts on each ink cartridge.

(3) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab. Dry it with a clean and soft paper (or paper towel).

(4) Turn on the printer, put the print-head back in the printer and insert the cartridges back. Check if the issue persists.

Let me know how it goes