VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 20 years of experience in the Printer Hardware and Software support. A+ certified.
16924516

I have a Brother MFC-J6520DW A3 size printer. Two problems

Customer Question

I have a Brother MFC-J6520DW A3 size printer. Two problems with print quality have arisen recently which no amount of "cleaning" has solved.
1. Printer leaves some vertical lines with no print when printing on A4 normal paper.
2. On A3 photo paper I am getting random small black dots (ink blots!) over the image.
Regards
Russell
Category: Printers
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 4 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Happy to assist with this issue.

May I ask the age of the Printer, Sir? Also, I need you to consider that you may need to replace the Printhead.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Purchased new in April 2014, so just over 2 years old. Is a new printhead a very expensive item?

The Prinhead is between $30 to $55 on Amazon and Ebay.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK thanks, I'll look into it - hopefully it's easy to fit!

Hold the phone, Sir. We can manually clean the Printhead that you have and see if that works also. It would need to dry for three hours if not overnight.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK how do I do that, I am not even sure how I get at it?

OK, your printer allows for the use of cleaning kits to "POWER CLEAN" your printer. You are in AUS so I know you can purchase it there or buy online.

Your thoughts?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have found a few instructional videos on YouTube and sellers of the cleaning kits on line - but all from the US or UK so the postage will cost as much as the kit and it will take up to 10 days to get here. So I shall go to the shops tomorrow and see if any of the computer retailers sell the kit (Office Works, JB Hi Fi etc).

Yes, one of them should have a cleaning kit.