Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Error occurred while commicating with printer 9923, epson

Customer Question

error occurred while commicating with printer 9923
JA: What's the make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: epson l355
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

An error-while-communicating sort of error, means that your printer's communication facility is in an uncertain status, obviously. Or, it's erratic.

This is not usually owing to software. I suggest trying these things, in order and separately, or all together:

1. re-seat the cord to the printer, at both ends. Make sure both ends of the cord are not slipping loose. (If you have a wireless printer, this may not apply. Let me know if that's the case.)

2. turn Off the printer. Leave it Off, and unplugged from power, for at least 1 hour, to cool off and reset. Try it again, only plugging it in to the power again after that interval.

3. restart your computer, or shut it Off for at least 10 minutes to cool and reset. If you are printing from a handheld or tablet, shut it Off rather than restarting it, and leave it Off for at least 20 minutes.

4. If printing from a USB port, plug the printer into a different USB port, preferably one that is farthest away from the original USB port, for subtle reasons. (USB ports are supposed to be designed to be all alike and all interchangeable, but in practice often enough, they aren't.)