John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

Thanks offer to chat about my problems. These are NOT urgent

Customer Question

Hello Pearl,
Thanks for your offer to chat about my problems. These are NOT urgent and you may prefer to answer via Email:
Just installed (via a new CD & USB cable) a replacement WF-3620 printer to a Win7U PC.
The machine now prints, copies & scans OK, but I would appreciate if you could shed some light on a couple of annoyances:
I did not uninstall the old, replaced WF-3620 software.
Instead, in > Start > All Programs, the old folders "Epson" and "Epson software" were renamed before installation and later (after the installation of the new versions of these folders) deleted.
The "Test page" did not print during or after installation.
The Control Panel > "Devices and Printers" display showed three WF-3620 print related icons: "Epson ESC/P-R", "EPSON WF-3620 Series (Copy 1)" and "EPSON WF-3620 Series" (or was it "EPSON WF-3620 Series Off line"??).
The second icon ("EPSON WF-3620 Series (Copy 1)" works OK. The first and the last icons did not allow for printing from PC and were deleted. However, that first one ("Epson ESC/P-R") keeps reappearing, when "Devices and Printers" is opened.
When this icon is opened (via "Devices and Printers") it mentions (on top) "Epson Stylus Office TX600FW". That was my old old Epson).
When this icon is selected for printing from a document, it displays a message "Windows cannot print due to a problem with the current printer setup" and adds to "Queue" list.
(1): Is there a way to delete this dysfunctional "Epson ESC/P-R" icon from "Devices and Printers" permanently?
(2): Can the working icon "EPSON WF-3620 Series (Copy 1)) be renamed to a less confusing "EPSON WF-3620 Series"?
Thanks; Charles Zahra (*****@******.***)
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: My first WF-3620 printer is one year old
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: The relevant sections (hopefully), but did not find a right answer
Category: Printers
Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Hi Charles, it sounds like you have a stuck entry in your spool / printers folder.

Would you like me to connect to your computer from here and work on the issue directly on screen? If so we can set this up via a secure remote assistance session. That session is guaranteed meaning if I cant help you then you will be entitled to a full refund of all fees.

Otherwise, I can try and assist you via written support alone. Let me know how you'd like to begin.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.