Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

I have a Cannon MG5520 printer. It no longer will print. The

Customer Question

I have a Cannon MG5520 printer. It no longer will print. The error Message says:
Support Code 6000
Printer error has occurred.
Follow the steps below:
1. Cancel printing then turn the device off.\2. Turn the device on again. If problem persists see the manual and contact the service
All printing was cancelled and the device has been turned off and on several times. The error still persists and we cannot print.
What should I do?
Category: Printers
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That number indicates a service error i.e a "Line Feed Error" which can be cause by many things. Usually this is caused by paper got jammed in the feed rollers, or debris or something is in the paper path like a paperclip or something that prevents the moving of roller. In some cases, this is also occurred by hardware issues which requires a replacement of the internal mainboard or roller or some other gears or components. This also happens if the gears inside the printer got out of sync which is common with printers.

Now let's try to clean it, this might not work but it is worth a try.

Open the cover of printer and see if the cartridge is moving itself. If so and when it placed in the middle, remove the cartridge and remove the metal contacts of the cartridge and also the seat of cartridge inside the printer

using rubbing alcohol or qtips. (You can move the cartridge yourself with your hand to the middle, so you can remove them. Don't use much force)

Then look for paper jam, tiny bits of papers, debris etc inside the printer and remove them if any. You can pull out paper pieces if they are jammed inside the printer.

After that turn off the printer for 5 minutes and also unplug it. This will reset the firmware which rule out software issues if any.

If it still not working, then I'm sorry. You have to send it back to Canon. I'm really sorry, this is something that we can't fix online if the above steps doesn't work for you. This is an hardware issue. If the printer is more than 2/3 years old, then it is not worth to replace the components. You should get a new printer because it has more life for the components and you will get a fresh warranty where repairing doesn't give that.

I know this might not the answer you want to hear, but these kind of errors occurs due to hardware problems. If you are not satisfied, please don't rate me bad or poor. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied,

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.