Ashik, Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), Professional Experience in Printers

I just bought a Canon Pixma MG5700 printer. It did NOT come

Customer Question

I just bought a Canon Pixma MG5700 printer.
It did NOT come with a USB cord to plug into my Mac computer.
I HAD a Canon Pixma MP530, but its USB cord does not seem to fit into this new printer.
Can I order a USB cord that matches my new MG5700 printer?
Also, I would like a virtual MANUAL to hold in my hands!!! Can I purchase one? I can't download and print one until I figure out how to work this printer.
I AM going to to study about all this, BUT, if I have trouble, being I am almost 73, and this is quite brain draining, can I (LATER) get a Canon specialist to "share" my computer and tell me what to do? Karen Morse
Category: Printers
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am waiting..... �� Also, how much $$ for the correct USB cord for this new printer?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Your old cable should work fine. Most of all new printers share same type of cable. It should look like this -->

Canon doesn't provide paper manual. You have to download and print. You can download the manual from here -->

Right click or control + click on the above link and select Save Link As and it will allow you to download it.

If you have any difficulty on adding the printer on your Mac, please let me know and I will walk you through it

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. Were you able to setup the printer ?

If you have any difficulty, please let me know and I will help you with that. Note : You can also setup the printer on WiFi without the need of USB cable. Let me know if you need instructions for that