Richard, Technician
Experience:  Printer and scanner problem resolver for over 15 years
32989067

Thanks. Epson WF4630, MAC OS 10.11.5 Firefox 47.0 - getting

Customer Question

Thanks. ***** MAC OS 10.11.5 Firefox 47.0 - getting error message Ox97 so obviously all in one is not working.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Epson is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2-3 years wifi ethernet
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: on off, look for jams, google, restart computer
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that would be enough
Category: Printers
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the printer (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the printer, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
have unplugged. Not working. Same error message.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you there ?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

Can you remove the ink ans use a q-tip to clean out the area where the ink cartridges go in. Put alcohol on the Q-Tip to ensure it can clean it well.

Then use a vacuum cleaner to clean out any foreign objects inside of the printer.

Once done, put the ink back in Brad and tell me if it clears the error please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No good
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

It is the internal mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the printer to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you