John, Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  CompTIA A+ & Microsoft Certified Professional with 15 years of experience repairing computers and printers.

It wont print, just bought a usb to connect from laptop to

Customer Question

it wont print
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just bought a usb to connect from laptop to printer
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 2 years old and its a brother3170
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not good with computers could it be an option in the printer
JA: The printer expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: thts it
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Are you trying to get a wireless connection working, from the computer to the Brother printer?

It sounds like it, since you 'bought a USB to connect' - presumably a wireless adapter.

Does that wireless USB adapter have the capability to connect to your WiFi router? I advise trying that first, to make sure that isn't the problem (that the wireless USB adapter being 'dead' isn't the problem.)