Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  10+ years work experience.
30759776

I have a WF-7620 and after relocating to Houston I cannot

Customer Question

I have a WF-7620 and after relocating to Houston I cannot send updates to the printer, They shoe CONNECTION TYPE to be NETWORK but I have the printer setup with Wi Fi. Is there a way to change the download and install to Wi Fi or do I have to find someway to make a hardwire connection from computer to printer? I would appreciate the help.
Thom
Category: Printers
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

If you connect the printer via a usb cable, does it work?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No - the problem seems to be that I cannot change the connection type on the upgrade software. It says NETWORK when the type I have is WiFi.

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No remote should be required. All I would like to do is change the connection type. I do not have any network access yet in this home office. We just relocated a while back. If I have to, I will take computer and printer downstairs and make a hardwired connection but that would mean I would have to do it until some wiring was installed in this present home office location.

Thank you for the update. On the printer's screen, you may reset the device back to factory defaults. Once you do that, the USB connection will be enabled. You can do so by pressing Menu/Settings > System > Factory reset.

Please, report back after doing that.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK Jason, I will have to do it tomorrow. The family is waiting for me now. If you wish, you can charge the $16. That would be fair under the circumstances. I expect hat to work otherwise I'll move the equipment for the install. Perhaps that will also clean a document print job that doesn't show in queue.
Thanks for now,
Thom - have to go.

Hello Thom,

There is no charge unless you are satisfied. Please, post a message here tomorrow when you are ready to continue.

Thank you,

Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks = off to dinner.
Regards,
Thom
Bye

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Jason,Been gone all weekend, have not gone any further with thePrinter. Will get back to you later today.Regards,Thom

Hello Thom,

I will be here tomorrow.

- Jason