Russell H., Printer and Office Tech
Experience:  11+ yrs experience, inkjets & lasers, from huge to portable
13568747

Lost color on image class mf4880dw...installed new toner

Customer Question

lost color on image class mf4880dw...installed new toner cartridge...no change
Category: Printers
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try checking as to whether your printer's driver / settings has 'Grayscale' enabled as an option; If so, disable it.

If only one color was lost from printing, then that's a different problem. Try printing a solid sheet of that color (by briefly making a test file of that color in e.g. MS Paint) and see whether the color is altogether absent... and let me know the details, please.

A complete lack of one color is usually a defective toner cartridge, but if that isn't the problem, there are a variety of other problems that could cause that problem... mostly something quite wrong in that color's section of the printer. So if that's it, then give that section a careful examination.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you for a quick response...I shall follow your advice...I am not qualified to rate your performance, but you are
entitled to full payment. Thank you, Jim

Thank you for the good words, Jim.

Is the problem with only one color of the three or four (counting black as a color) ?

Or is it with all the colors (except black, of course) ?

Please let me know.